Resources for Kentuckians in Need


Eastern Kentucky Storm/Flood Assistance

​Available Units for Displaced Residents

​Have a Unit Available for Those Impacted Floods?​​
Add your information to our online form so that we can add your vacancy to our list of available units.​ Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) is assembling a list of available units so residents, service agencies and more can help those displaced find permanent, secure, safe housing.​
Find Available Units

Resources for Disaster Relief

Kentuckians who were impacted by the recent storms, flooding and mudslides in Eastern Kentucky can apply for disaster assistance. Currently, the relief is available for renters and homeowners in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Whitley counties, though more counties may be included later. 

Direct Temporary Housing May Provide Options for Disaster Survivors

Private Bridge Repair Program
  • ​For more information on how to help people whose bridge or road was damaged in the flooding and who can no longer access their home because of the destruction, click here.​ 

Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief Fund

Apply for Federal Disaster Relief

  • Online at
  • Call 800-621-3362 
  • Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) mobile app
  • Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (open 7a.m.-7 p.m. Mon.-Saturday, 1-7 p.m. Sunday)
    • Breathitt County – Breathitt County Library, 1024 College Avenue, Jackson KY 41339
    • Clay County – Clay Community Center – 311 Highway 638, Manchester, KY 40962
    • Knott County – Knott County Sportsplex – 450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765, Leburn, KY 41831
    • Letcher County – Letcher County Recreation Center – 1505 Jenkins Rd., Whitesburg, KY, 41858
    • Perry County – Hazard Community and Technical College – First Federal Center, 1 Community College Drive, Hazard, KY 41701
    • Pike County - Dorton Community Center, 112 Dorton Hill Road, Jenkins KY 41722
Apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance
Be Prepared

Have this information ready when you apply:

  • Current phone number where you can be reached.
  • Address at the time of the disaster
  • Address where you are staying now
  • Social Security number (one per household)
  • Description or list of the damage and losses
    • Take pictures of damage
    • Keep receipts from all purchases related to clean-up and repair
  • Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds
  • If insured, information about insurance coverage
    • Policy number
    • Agent or company name
Have homeowner's or renter's insurance? File a claim with your insurance company immediately. FEMA assistance cannot aid with losses covered by insurance. If your policy does not cover all your damage expenses, you may be eligible for federal assistance.

FEMA Resources

Team Kentucky Resources ​

  • Additional flood resources:​
  • Governor Andy Beshear announced that travel trailers are being delivered to local parks - Jenny Wiley State Resort Park in Floyd County and Mine Made Adventure Park in Knott County - for emergency sheltering. They are connected to utilities and more will arrive soon for those in need of temporary shelter. 
    • There are 25 travel trailers at Jenny Wiley State Park 
    • There are 30 at Mine Made in Knott County
    • There are 20 at Carr Creek in Knott County 
    • Additional shelter may be available through the Red Cross or at Jenny Wiley, Paintsville State Park, Pine Mountain State Resort Park and Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park.
  • Cooling Stations for Relief from the Heat
    • Breathitt County – Breathitt Library – 1024 College Ave., Lost Creek  
    • Floyd County – Floyd Community Center – 7199 KY-80, Langley  
    • Johnson County – City of Paintsville Recreation Center – 232 Preston St., Paintsville  
    • Knott County – Knott County Sportsplex – 450 Kenny Champion Loop, Leburn  
    • Letcher County – Letcher County Central High School – 435 Cougar Drive, Whitesburg  
    • PerryCounty – Perry County Community Center – 354 Perry Park, Hazard  
    • Pike County – Valley Elementary School – 162 Douglas Pkwy., Pikeville 
    • Wolfe County – Senior Center – 76 Marion St., Campton
  • Storm victims can click here​ to find information about a wide range of services from replacing important documents to health coverage and housing. 
  • ​Team Kentucky Sheltering & Needs Registration​: Complete an online survey so Team Kentucky and their partners can determine how they can help meet your post-disaster needs.

Fannie Mae Disaster Response Network

Fannie Mae offers help to homeowners with a Fannie Mae-owned loan, including:

  • Personalized recovery assessment and action plans
  • Assistance filing claims for FEMA, insurance, Small Business Administration
  • Help working with mortgage servicers on payment relief options

Call 877-833-1746 for more information on the Fannie Mae Disaster Response Network. 

Properties Impacted by Disaster
​ ​​Please refer to the list of affected counties published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) using the following link: KHC will require an exterior inspection on all subject properties located in affected counties if the appraisal was completed on or before July 25, 2022.  The inspection should show evidence verifying that the property is undamaged.
  • FHA guidelines can be found in Handbook 4000.1 Section II A. 7. C.
    • The inspection should identify and quantify any dwelling damage.

  • Fannie Mae guideline can be found in the Selling Guide B2-3-05.
    • If damage is identified in the inspection the property is required to be restored to pre-disaster condition and will require Form 1004D/442.
  • RHS Loans
    • If damage is identified in the inspection the property is required to be restored to pre-disaster condition and will require Form 1004D/442.
  • VA guidelines can be found here.
    • Borrowers and lenders must sign a Lender and Veteran Disaster Certification Form and indicate that it is enclosed on the VA Loan Summary Sheet.​

PBCA Properties

  • Detailed information, including ​when to contact KHC and owner and tenant responsibilities, is available here​
Residents looking for housing should refer to:

Relief for Homeowners

  • Homeowners impacted may be eligible for:
    • ​Foreclosure rel
    • ef
    • FHA insurance for mortgages and home rehabilitation

​COVID Response

For Homeowners

Kentucky homeowners can now apply for assistance through the Team Kentucky Homeowner Assistance Fund, ​a ​federal program that provides homeowners help with their mortgage and housing-re​lated expenses so they can avoid foreclosure. 

Click the Apply for Assistance​ button below to start an application. If you need help uploading documents, watch this instructional video​.​

Qualifying homeowners may receive up to $60,000 in assistance to repay delinquent mortgage bills, utility payments, insurance premiums, property taxes and homeowner's association fees. Payments will be made directly to the agencies owed.​ A complete list of participating servicers is here.

  • Funds will be available until fully expended or September 30, 2025, whichever comes first.

  • Homeowners must meet certain income guidelines. Check the income calculator​ to see if you qualify.

  • Applicants must be living in the home, and were living in it during the pandemic hardship, for which they are applying for assistance.

  • ​​​Utilities include electric, water, sewer and gas. 

  • To qualify, homeowners must work with a participating HAF housing counselor​, who will walk them through the process. Click here​ to contact a counselor.

  • Homeowners must provide verification of income and an assessment of their home and property.

  • All documents will be electronically signed.

For more information about the program, click here​. or watch the overview video above. 

For Renters/Landlords

​​​​​​​​​​​​​The Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund is accepting applications as of ​February 15, 2021.Visit to apply. For additional information about the program, visit our Eviction Relief pages​.

Kentuckians negatively impacted by COVID have many resources at their disposal. Nationally and locally, organizations are working to ensure people have access to shelter, food, utilities and other basic needs. 

Read below for a list of places you can look for help. 

Stay Connected:

© Kentucky Housing Corporation
For more information, please contact:

Kentucky Housing Corporation
1231 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY 40601
502-564-7630; 800-633-8896 (KY only); TTY 711
Equal Housing Provider