Rental Partners > About

​​​​​​​​Through the execution of federal Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contracts Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) is able to provide rental assistance through the Project-Based Contract Administration (PBCA)​ program and the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program.

Project-Based Contract Administration (PBCA)

As the Contract Administrator (CA) for HUD, KHC works to ensure property owners, management agents, and residents adhere to the requirements of the Section 8, project-based rental assistance program. In order to accomplish this KHC is required to complete certain task for HUD such as those listed below:

Contract Renewals: KHC assists property owners with renewing their federal Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts, annual rental adjustments and reviewing/adjusting utility allowance requests. HAP contracts are renewed to help ensure the continued availability of affordable housing in Kentucky.

Housing Assistance Payments (HAP): To obtain assistance payments, the owner must transmit subsidy billing by the tenth calendar day of each month. This ensures that KHC staff have enough time to review and approve these requests for housing assistance payments. KHC reviews, verifies, and approves all vouchers submitted each month as required by HUD to ensure payment to the owner is accurate and timely.

Management and Occupancy Reviews (MORs): KHC may perform onsite visits of your property. An MOR will include desk reviews outlined in the HUD Handbook 4350.1, REV-1, Chapter 6 utilizing the HUD Form-9834.

Tenant Concerns: KHC staff will work with property owners, management agents and residents to help resolve any reported issues or concerns.

Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)

KHC uses federal HAP contracts to provide rental assistance in the Section 8 Program. Landlords receive the HAP portion of the tenant's payment from KHC monthly on behalf of Section 8 families. At a minimum, each contract unit is inspected annually, but is expected to meet Housing Quality Standards at all times.

If you have rental properties in any of the counties administered by KHC, please consider renting to a Section 8 voucher participant. KHC will list vacant units to help your property stay at capacity. If you would like more information, please review the counties served.

Stay Connected:

© Kentucky Housing Corporation
For more information, please contact:

Kentucky Housing Corporation
1231 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY 40601
502-564-7630; 800-633-8896 (KY only); TTY 711
Equal Housing Provider