PLEASE NOTE: Due to limitations on funding from U.S. Treasury, any applications submitted after January 20, 2023, may not be reviewed or processed until the HHERF program has determined if funds remain available.
Stay in your home!
Team Kentucky is offering tenants help paying their back rent and past-due utilities through the
Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund.
Who can apply?
Anyone living in Kentucky (outside of Louisville and Lexington) who has been economically impacted by COVID. Applicants must meet certain income restrictions and provide documentation of their income and past-due rent and utility payments.
Who does this help?
- Tenants can stay in their homes and pay off their past-due rent and utility bills dating back to April 2020.
Tenants can even get up to three months of future rent paid.
- Landlords receive lump sum payments of past-due rent. Utility companies receive direct payments for past-due bills.
- Courts are not bogged down by eviction proceedings.
What is required?
Tenants must coordinate with their landlords to apply and have the following:
- A signed lease.
- Notice of eviction or documentation that they have not paid their rent.
- Income verification.
To receive lump sum payments, landlords must:
- Forgive all late fees, penalties and interest related to non-payment of rent.
- Agree not to begin eviction proceedings until at least 30 days after the period covered by the assistance.
- Agree to terms of an arrearage settlement.
Looking for the
Media Toolkit? Visit KHC's
News and Events page for media resources including videos and press releases for the Eviction Relief program. To see additional help available to Kentuckians in need, visit our resources page.