Who Can Apply?
To qualify for rent and utility assistance through the
Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund, applicants must live in Kentucky*, meet income requirements, provide proof that they are behind on rent and utility payments, and complete an online application.
* Fayette County has its own program. Team Kentucky is accepting rental applications for Jefferson County residents, and they can apply for utility relief through Jefferson County's utility program. Apply using the buttons below.
Not eligible for assistance are:
- People living with family and paying rent informally.
- Section 8 residents (they CANNOT get rent assistance, but they CAN get utility assistance).
- Those receiving other short-term assistance (we will only consider paying for months for which you have not received assistance).
See monthly or annual income limits or use the calculator at
teamkyhherf.ky.gov to check your income eligibility.
How Does It Work?
Team Kentucky pays landlords and utility companies direct payments for past-due rent and utility bills. Applicants can qualify for up to 15 months of payments - 12 past-due months, dating back to April 2020, and three future months.
What Do I Need?
- Documentation of your income.
- 2020 IRS 1040 tax form.
- Pay stubs, unemployment statement from the last 60 days.
- Proof of residence (ID with your address or mail showing your name and address).
- A lease signed by you and your landlord.*
- An email address.*
- Your landlord's email address.
- Proof that you are behind on rent and/or utility payments (a notice of eviction. pending court action, past-due letter from your landlord, recent utility bill showing you are behind on payments).
*You can create an email account or lease by clicking one of the buttons below.
Looking for the
Media Toolkit? Visit KHC's
News and Events page for media resources including videos and press releases for the Eviction Relief program. To see additional help available to Kentuckians in need, visit our resources page.