Notice of Funding Opportunity
Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) is now accepting applications for sub-grantees for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) fiscal year (FY) 2021 Comprehensive Counseling Grant. Applicants must complete Charts A-D and return to KHC no later than 11:59 p.m. ET Friday, October 1, 2021, to be considered for inclusion of KHC's grant application to HUD. There will be no exceptions.
Please submit any questions and return your complete application to KHC's Angel Ballew, Housing Education and Counseling Specialist, at
- Applicants must meet HUD's minimum requirements for approved housing counseling agencies.
- Applicants will be considered for inclusion on KHC's grant application for HUD funds. Agencies will be notified if accepted, but no grant amounts are guaranteed until HUD issues awards.
- HUD's grant period for the FY2021 Comprehensive Counseling Grant will be from April 1, 2021, through September 30, 2022.
- All details can be found on HUD's
Notice of Funding Opportunity.
All KHC approved counseling agencies must meet the following guidelines:
- Non-profit Status: Agency must have non-profit status and must submit evidence of this status as demonstrated by Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Evidence of pending approval of non-profit status is also acceptable.
- Fifty (50) Client Rule: Agency must counsel at least fifty (50) clients during each twelve month period. This may be a combination of both group participants and one-on-one counseling clients.
- Community Base: Agency must have functioned for at least one year in the geographical area that it will serve.
- Language Skills: Agency counselors must be fluent in the language of the clients they serve. Agencies must seek to provide program benefits to persons with limited English proficiency (LEP) through translation and interpretive services.
- Knowledge of HUD programs/local housing markets: Agency must have a working knowledge of relevant HUD programs and the local housing markets. This is so that a counselor can inform the client in detail regarding what housing is available for which the client is eligible, how the client should applies for the housing, and the rights and responsibilities of all parties involved in the particular housing transaction(s) (leases, mortgages, notes, contracts, etc.).
- Community Resources: Agency must have established working relationships with community resources to which it can refer clients who need help that the agency cannot offer.
- State/Local Requirements: Agency must meet all state and local requirements.
- Facilities: Counseling facilities of the agencies must meet the following:
- Located in the community of the target population;
- Provide privacy for all one-on-one sessions;
- Public transportation is within easy walking distance (where available);
- Operating hours include regular work hours and days and other hours and days when necessary to meet the needs of working clients.
- Ease of Access for disabled and elderly persons, or be willing to meet with such persons at an alternative location;
- Comply with KHC's Fraud Policy.