Partners > Developers > Weatherization Assistance Program > WAP Eligibility

​​​​​Households that meet the income guidelines below and have not received weatherization assistance on or after September 30, 1994, are eligible for weatherization services. 

To apply, you will need to contact your local Community Action Agency (link below) and provide:

  • Social Security numbers for all occupants
  • Monthly income verification for all occupants
  • Energy bills or print outs from the utility company
  • Proof of ownership of the property to be weatherized or a landlord agreement*

*If you rent, you must get written permission from your landlord.

​ Find Your Local Community Action Agency

If you are not approved for weatherization assistance, you may still be eligible for other assistance.

  • Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Prog​​ram (LIHEAP) - short-term assistance on your utility bill.​
  • The Federal Energy Management Agency (​FEMA) - FEMA provides a number of services to assist individuals who are victims of a natural disaster, including low-interest loans, cash grants and links to assistance from other agencies.​
Stay Connected:

© Kentucky Housing Corporation
For more information, please contact:

Kentucky Housing Corporation
1231 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY 40601
502-564-7630; 800-633-8896 (KY only); TTY 711
Equal Housing Provider