Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) engages customers through many digital outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram. Communicating with KHC through social media enables customers to contact KHC and engage in direct and meaningful ways.
The goal of KHC's social media pages is to provide platforms that are conducive to real-time discussions, useful feedback, and allow public interaction in the form of comments.
Please be aware that when engaging with KHC through social media, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of this policy.
Commenting on a KHC Social Media Site
KHC shares information, images, and video with the public through social media sites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by KHC personnel, a comment may be deleted if it includes any of the following:
- Profane language, sexual content or links to sexual content, pornography, or other obscene or indecent material.
- Disparaging or threatening comments about or related to anyone, including personal attacks.
- Defamatory, libelous, offensive, or demeaning material.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, status with regard to public assistance, or physical or mental disability.
- Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading information.
- Comments not related to the posted topic or social media page.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam.
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products.
- Commercial solicitations.
- Content displaying or advocating illegal activity.
- Content that violates any local, state, or federal laws, or is otherwise unlawful, including posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
Serious or repeated violations may result in KHC taking measures to prevent the social media account from posting in the future. This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
User Created Content
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official KHC social media site where the agency allows users to post content and engage in the topics. The content must meet the standards articulated in this Social Media Public Comment Policy and must pertain to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be removed. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to a KHC site.
Any posting to any of KHC's social media pages, whether comments, user created content, or otherwise, may be subject to disclosure by third parties. Pursuant to this policy, KHC reserves the right to address or remove any posts or comments or prevent any social media accounts from posting to KHC's social media pages at its discretion. KHC has not evaluated and does not endorse any products advertised or any opinions expressed on any of its social media pages.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding KHC's social media activity or this Social Media Public Comment Policy should be submitted to Communications and Marketing Services through the form on the Contact Us page.