Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) is seeking a contract for lease of Multi-function printers (MFP) and managed print services. KHC will enter Competitive Negotiations with any Bidder that is deemed a Responsible and Responsive Bidder to this RFP.
KHC is the state housing finance agency and a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Created by the General Assembly in 1972, KHC's mission is to invest in quality housing solutions for families and communities across Kentucky.
KHC needs a vendor that can provide leases of industry standard and appropriate new equipment for approximately 12 onsite printers and multi-function devices with the following:
Ability for secure printing by user code or card authentication for access;Ability for devices to log copy and print usage per user code;Ability to allow users to scan to desktop, email, and/or network repository;Ability to provide monthly print usage reports.
- Networked Color Laser Printers
- 40-50 PPM Color
- Bypass tray 100 sheet minimum
- 2 Standard paper trays
- 550+ Sheet Paper Capacity
- Ability to add optional paper trays
- 10/100 Ethernet minimum
- Secure printing
- Fax capability
- Staple/3-hole punch/collate capability
- User feature accessible from MFP console
- Simple/clear user interface
- High resolution printing/copying (1200dpi or above)
- Web-based/Software-based configuration, administration and accounting
- Internal storage for scanned documents, waiting faxes, stored copy jobs or queued print jobs
- Import/Export user accounts, copy code and usage data=
Service and Supplies
The vendor must be able to maintain and monitor equipment and provide onsite maintenance when needed. All machines are to remain the property of the vendor. Vendor to provide:
- Any and all parts and supplies with “like for like" replacements to maintain the equipment;
- Full service with 1 hour call back and next day onsite target response time to site;
- All machines in acceptable working order;
- Replacement of any machine KHC deems unacceptable at vendor's expense;
A certificate or letter from the manufacturer stating that the vendor is authorized to provide and service the equipment;Technical support hotline during normal business hours (8am-5pm ET) / five days a week;Supplies and parts for all covered equipment (including staples and excluding paper); andA detailed service history and equipment performance upon request.
- KHC may request a replacement unit for any unit that fails to meet reliable performance expectations at no expense.
- Vendor should have industry expert(s) in educational document technology solutions to guide users to the forefront in technology. Name, qualifications, and phone number(s) must be included.
- Vendor should have an established mechanism for the resolution of complex or recurrent problems with a clearly defined chain of command from the service technician to a higher-level service and support.
- Vendor must provide a dedicated team to support the business requirements. Names, titles, and phone numbers must be provided.
- Vendor must supply a complete list and description of all supporting business partners.
- Vendor must supply descriptive literature for the equipment being recommended to include copiers and compatible hardware/software.
- Vendor shall provide user training in the use of all covered equipment, including general copy skills, and detailed features. Training cost must be included in your pricing section of your proposal.
- Vendor must provide a detailed monthly invoice.
- Equipment installations and removals will be done at mutually agreeable times established by KHC.
- Electrical receptacles required for any equipment must be provided by the Vendor and installed by the Vendor.
- Network drops will be provided by KHC.
- Vendor shall review implementation plan with KHC prior to installation.
For complete details, please read the full RFP for a Printer and Managed Services as well and the responses to questions about the RFP (Q&A Responses).
Each Bidder shall carefully examine the requirements and items below.
- The contract will be for no longer than one year with the possibility of up to two one-year extensions, at the sole discretion of KHC.
- Bidder shall submit only one proposal for services. Multiple proposals will not be accepted.
- Bidders are advised that a cost-plus approach or cost-plus fixed fee approach to pricing will not be accepted. KHC is exempt from state taxes and those should not be factored into pricing. Any amounts that are estimates of time or materials should be identified as such and state the amounts and rates that apply. Prices during the initial term must remain firm and not be subject to change. Any proposed increase in pricing for renewal terms must be identified. If not identified, pricing shall not increase for renewal terms. Any qualifications or conditions to pricing must be clearly stated in the Proposal. Any change after Proposal submission may be deemed a withdrawal of the Proposal.
- The failure of any Bidder to receive or examine any form, instrument, or document, or to acquaint themselves with the KHC or this RFP will in no way relieve the Bidder from any obligation with respect to its Proposal.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals must be submitted electronically, preferably in a single PDF document, via email, no later than the time indicated below. See Section 3 of Exhibit A regarding the Kentucky Open Records Act and exemptions thereto.
To: Joe Sanders
Subject line to read: RFP for Multifunction Printers and Managed Services
Proposals must be submitted electronically, preferably in a single-document PDF, via email to no later than
5 p.m., ET, Monday, November 30, 2020.
Proposals received after the stated deadline will NOT be accepted or reviewed for selection, unless Bidder can provide evidence that the cause of the delay was beyond Bidder's control. The Purchasing Officer will make a final determination as to whether to consider the Proposal.