Kenntucky Housing Corporation (KHC) needs new flooring and painting. KHC will enter Competitive Negotiations with any Bidder that is deemed a Responsible and Responsive Bidder to this RFP.
KHC is the state housing finance agency and a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Created by the General Assembly in 1972, KHC's mission is to invest in quality housing solutions for families and communities across Kentucky.
All phases need to be completed no later than April 1, 2021. For complete details, please read the full RFP for Carpeting, Flooring and Painting and the pre-bid and site visit notes.
Supply new carpet for the 2nd floor east wing of KHC’s main campus located at 1231 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY. (See
attached map and list of rooms.)
- Document and label current cubicle layout such as electric, cabling, etc.
- Remove totes, file cabinets, and other items to an onsite office.
- Remove cubicle materials off site at KHC’s storage location at 1047 US 127 South, Frankfort, KY location.
- Remove existing carpet and cove base.
- Install new carpet and cove base. KHC shall provide all needed carpet and cove base.
- Provide all supplies and materials and painting of all drywall associated with the area.
- Reinstall cubicles, electric and data wiring, file cabinets, and other items removed and stored onsite based the previous layout.
- Thoroughly disinfectant and clean all work surfaces and fabric materials after installed.
- Remove and properly dispose of existing carpet and cove base.
- Provide and install carpet and provide all supplies and materials and paint 24 offices located at KHC’s main building.
- Document the current room layout and remove furniture, file cabinets, and other items placed in totes and boxes to a prearrange area on KHC’s campus located in the same building.
- After carpet and painting are completed, return office items back to original configuration.
- Remove and properly dispose of existing carpet and cove base in breakrooms of KHC’s main building.
- Provide and install luxury vinyl tile (“LVT”) and provide all supplies and materials and paint all drywall. KHC has some of the needed LVT for installation to be discussed at the Pre-Bid Meeting discussed below.
- Each Bidder shall carefully examine the requirements and items requested.
- The failure of any Bidder to receive or examine any form, instrument, or document, or to attend the mandatory pre-bid meeting on Wednesday, January 13, 2021, will in no way relieve the Bidder from any obligation with respect to its Proposal.
- Bidder shall submit only one Proposal for Services. Multiple proposals will not be accepted.
Requirements for Submittal
Failure to comply with the requirements of this RFP will result in the response not being evaluated. Each response to the RFP must include and address the items below. See Section 3 of Exhibit A regarding the Kentucky Open Records Act and exemptions thereto.
- Bidder must attend a mandatory pre-bid meeting at the site, followed by a walk-through of the project area to inspect the site and to satisfy themselves with all general and local conditions that may affect the cost of performance and make all evaluations and investigations necessary for a full understanding of any difficulties which may be encountered in performing the work and conduct all field measurements at the following date and time:
Bidder must provide evidence of certification that the Bidder is qualified to do business in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, be registered as active and in good standing with Kentucky’s Secretary of State, and be licensed to perform business in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and operate an office in the Commonwealth. See
- Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Time: 10:00 a.m.
A summary of the Bidder, how long it has been in business, its overall practice, names of principals, etc.
Examples of applicable services provided in the last three (3) years similar to that described.
A description of the proposed approach and timing for completion.
All Services Requested must be completed by April 1, 2021.
An itemized cost proposal for the Services requested, including proposed rate, hourly rate, travel costs, etc. A cost-plus percentage approach or cost plus fixed fee approach for bidding will not be accepted. KHC is exempt from state taxes and should not be factored into pricing. There are no applicable prevailing wage rates. Any amounts that are estimates of time or materials must be identified as such and state the amounts and rates that apply. Any qualifications or conditions to pricing submitted must be clearly stated in the Proposal. Any change after Proposal submission may be deemed a withdrawal of Proposal by KHC. Carpet and installation should be quoted by the square footage.
Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of contacts for client references of the requested Services.
Include the name, telephone number, and email address of the individual who will be the principal contact for KHC.
If awarded a contract, Bidder acknowledges that it must provide a warranty of at least one year from the date of Project Completion that warrants that the Work is free from defects and strictly conforms to the requirements of the contract. The Bidder must further warrant that if the Bidder should damage any facilities or property on the KHC campus, the Bidder will promptly and effectively repair the damages and provide KHC payment for any losses KHC incurs because of such damages.
Bidder must provide a copy of the Certificate of Insurance that includes the name of professional and workers’ compensation insurance carrier and amounts of coverage.
Include copies, if relevant, of business certification status, in order to obtain bonus scoring points. KHC accepts minority-owned and woman-owned business enterprise(MBE/WBE) certification status from the Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet (http://mwbe.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx); disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) certification from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (http://transportation.ky.gov/civilrights-and-small-business-development/Pages/default.aspx); and veteran-owned small business and service-disabled veteran-owned small business (VOSB/SDVOSB) from the U.S. Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs (http://www.va.gov/osdbu/verification/).
National certifications will not be accepted.
Submit a completed “Bidder Acknowledgments and Certifications” form, as provided in Exhibit A.
Submit a completed “Certification of Independent Contractor” form, as provided in Exhibit B.
Submit a completed “Acknowledgement of Contract Provisions” form, as provided in Exhibit C.
Provide any contractual provisions Bidder requires in contract with KHC, in the event Bidder is selected.
If the Bidder claims preference as a resident of the Commonwealth, Bidder must provide evidence that the Bidder is authorized to transact business in the Commonwealth and has for one year prior to and through the date of this RFP advertisement period made payments to the unemployment insurance fund and maintained a Kentucky workers’ compensation policy.
Bond equivalent to cash in a total amount equal to 5% of the amount of the Proposal, for construction contracts estimated to exceed $40,000.
Submission of Proposals
- Proposals must be submitted electronically, preferably in a single PDF document, via email, no later than the time indicated below. See Section 3 of Exhibit A regarding the Kentucky Open Records Act and exemptions thereto.
To: Tracy Carroll
Kentucky Housing Corporation
Subject line to read:
Flooring and Painting __ RFP Response
Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted or reviewed for selection, unless the Bidder can provide evidence that the cause of the delay was beyond the Bidder’s control. The Purchasing Officer will make a final determination as to whether to consider the Proposal.
Proposals must be received by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, January 22, 2021.
Questions Regarding the RFP
Any questions posed by Bidders prior to the response deadline must be submitted in writing or by electronic mail to: Tracy Carroll at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1231 Louisville Road, Frankfort, KY 40601 or via phone at 502-564-7630. Tracy Carroll will determine whether the response could have a material effect on the Bidder’s proposal. If so, both the question and response will be posted on KHC’s website for all potential Bidders to view. If not, the response will be made only to the questioner. In either case, the file will be documented to reflect the result.