As the state’s housing finance agency, our mission is to provide safe, quality, affordable housing opportunities. We want to help you purchase a home!
Step 1: Find a KHC-approved lender
Identify a KHC-approved lender in your county or call toll-free in Kentucky at (800) 633-8896 or (502) 564-7630, extension 291, or TTY 711.
We partner with approved lenders and across the state to provide you with the best mortgage loan options. Be sure to ask your KHC-approved lender about KHC's Conventional No MI Loan, which may save you almost $1,000 a year by a lower house payment.
KHC’s loans are subject to certain income restrictions, eligibility, and purchase price guidelines.
KHC may also be able to provide up to $6,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance if you qualify.
Step 2: Find a home
When considering a real estate agent, check out our KHC-Certified Real Estate Agents who have demonstrated a commitment to presenting affordable mortgage products to their home buyers.
After you have a sales contract on the home you select, you will need to meet with your lender again to complete the loan application.
When you schedule a meeting with your lender to complete your loan application, be sure to ask what items to bring with you. Such items might include:
- Purchase contract and a copy of the seller’s deed
- Address history for the last two years
- Last two years’ W-2s
- Most recent monthly bank statement
- Copy of award letter from pension/retirement fund, disability insurer, etc.
- Names and addresses of your current employer (s) and other employers for past two years
- Most recent payroll check stub from your current employer(s)
- If applicable, copy of divorce decree, property settlement and verification of child support or bankruptcy papers
Step 3: Loan Closing
Once all the loan paperwork is completed, your loan file will be reviewed by an underwriter. The underwriter decides whether to approve your loan. Once it's approved, your lender will schedule your loan closing where you and the seller will finalize the sale.
Congratulations! You're a homeowner!
Ask your KHC-approved lender how you can save $1,000 a year!
FREE Home Buying Guide.
A step-by-step guide to buying your dream home.
Download yours now!
Find a top KHC lender in your area!
Find a KHC-Certified Real Estate Agent in Your County!